Go to the Other News Page
By Bhadra Govinda Dasa (JPS)
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
During the most auspicious occasion of Janmastami 2001, we conducted a Siksa Level program as per the GBC guidelines in our Sri Panca Tattva Bhakti Vriksha of Sri Narasingadesh (Singapore). A total of 19 devotees committed to chant a specific number of malas (rounds) of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra every day. Our target was to double the chanting members in a year's time, that is, by Janmastami 2002, again as per GBC guidelines.
By the mercy of Vaisnavas, Guru, and Krishna on the most auspicious occasion of Sri Rama Navami 2002, even before the target date of Janmastami 2002, we conducted the second siksa ceremony, and 50 devotees committed to chant a specific number of malas of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra everyday. We are devotionally happy to share this most auspicious news with all the devotees: that we could achieve the target well in time. Thanks to our chanting members who preached and introduced at least one more member to the Bhakti Vriksha Programs.
We feel that this Siksha Level Program is a very good system, and every devotee has some one above his/her level and some one below his/her level, and each one can teach the other and simultaneously be taught by some other devotee. Also, a devotee can slowly but steadily move up from 1 mala to 16 malas in a couple of years at a normal steady speed. We request other temples, and Namahattas to favorably consider this siksha program (if not already implemented) to be implemented in their respective areas.
We seek the blessings of all Vaisnavas, that we may double the number from 50 to minimum 100 devotees attending this siksa levels program by Janmastami 2002, Lord Caitanya willing.
We are especially thankful to our GBCs, His Holiness Jayapataka Swami Maharaja (Congregational Preaching Minister) and His Holiness Kavicandra Swami Maharaja for encouraging us in this program.
Below is given the standards for Siksha Levels as per GBC guidelines, for ready reference.
Seeking the blessings of all the Vaisnavas,
Your humble servant,
Bhadra Govinda Dasa (JPS).
Standards for Siksha Program Levels
1. He/she is an active devotee in the temple's congregation, that is, he/she visits the temple as often as possible, does some service in the temple, participates and associates with Krishna conscious programs in the temple. (If there is no temple, then it is Namahatta/Bhakti Vriksha/Satsang Program)
2. He/she chants at least one round of the Hare Krishna maha mantra every day.
3. He/she reads the teachings of Sri Krishna as given in the books of Srila Prabhupada.
In addition to the commitments of Shraddhavan:
1. He/she is dedicated to personal improvement in devotional practice
and purity by gradually applying the teachings of Srila Prabhupada under
the guidance of his representatives.
In addition to the commitments of Gauranga Sevak:
1. He/she is dedicated to leading a devotional way of life by gradually
learning and practicing bhakti-yoga according to the teachings of Srila
Prabhupada under his representatives.
Srila Prabhupada Ashraya
In addition to the commitments of Krishna Sadhak:
1. He/she is dedicated to taking divine shelter of Srila Prabhupada by
following the principles of Krishna consciousness.
In addition to Srila Prabhupada Ashraya commitments:
1. He/she has developed additional faith in and surrender to an
authorized spiritual master.
© CHAKRA 23 May 2002
Go to top of page
Go to the Other News Page
© Copyright November, 2003 by oldchakra.com. All rights reserved.
about this website or to report an
error, write to firstname.lastname@example.org