Go to the BBT Page
We urgently request that you submit your offering on time or transmit this message to any temple or center presidents, sannyasis, GBC's or project leaders that you may come in contace with.
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
This year the deadline for submitting offerings for Srila Prabhupada's Vyasa-Puja book is FEB 28, not April 15, as before. So we urgently request that you submit your offering on time or transmit this message to any temple or center presidents, sannyasis, GBC's, or project leaders that you may come in contact with. Thank you.
What follows is the BBT's official call for homages for Srila Prabhupada's 2001 Vyasa Puja book.
Deadline for offerings: February 28, 2001< < <
Absolutely no offerings will be accepted after this date.
Offerings must be in English.
Please restrict the length to a maximum of 3,000 words or 15k of ASCII text.
Please omit all diacritics. It's easier for us to put them in.
Do not "recycle" an offering--no offerings from previous years will be accepted.
The Vyasa-puja book is meant for glorifying Srila Prabhupada, not for venting grievances. The BBT reserves the right to reject an offering it deems inappropriate or to ask for a rewrite.
When writing an offering on behalf of a temple or other unit, please try to write in such a way that the other devotees in your unit can also identify with the offering. This is not a hard and fast rule.
Who may write an offering?
1) Governing Body Commissioners
3) Authorized representatives of ISKCON temples, preaching centers, farms, gurukulas, BBT offices, and "others," such as BTG magazine, Hare Krishna World, and ISCOWP (this is not a complete list).
4) No multiple offerings. For example, a temple should not enlist all its bhaktas to write offerings under the temple heading. Joint authorship (2--4 devotees) of a single offering is fine.
5) Please make sure you tell us where the offering originates. For example: New Vamsi-vata (the Madagascar farm community), NOT just New Vamsi-vata. If we don't know where the offering comes from, we will not print it.
6) Always leave a double space between paragraphs. If you want some special formatting, submit your offering in printed form or send it as an attached file in Microsoft Word or RTF format (see 1. below).
Ways to submit an offering, in order of preference:
1) By uploading offering to Dravida dasa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) By hand-delivering a 3.5-inch floppy disk, ZIP disk, CD-ROM, etc., or printed offering to Svavasa Dasa, BBT Trustee, at Mayapur during the GBC Meetings. Any Mac or PC format ok, but please label the disk. Include an e-mail address on the label just in case we can't read it.
3) By sending offering on 3.5-inch floppy disk or other medium to Vyasa-puja Book, 3764 Watseka Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034. Any Mac or PC format ok, but please label the diskette.
4) By faxing offering to BBT offices in LA: (310) 837-1056.
5) By mailing a typed or carefully handwritten offering to Vyasa-puja Book, 3764 Watseka Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034. (If you plan to send a printout, why not send it on a disk or upload it and save us all that keying in!)
Offerings may be submitted any time from now until February 28, 2001. Receipt of offering by e-mail will be confirmed on e-mail. For other offerings you can confirm receipt by calling direct to (310) 837-5283. Don't expect a return call or fax; keep trying till you get a live person.
The BBT is not responsible for illegible or lost offerings.
© CHAKRA 22-January-2000
Go to the BBT Page
© Copyright November, 2003 by oldchakra.com. All rights reserved.
about this website or to report an
error, write to email@example.com