Go to the GBC Page
Last Call for
from Radha Krishna (das) RNS (GBC Secretary)
Dear Maharajas and Prabhus,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
The GBC meetings for the year 2002 will begin on 1st March 2002.
Here is the Standard Format for GBC Proposals. To make our job and the job of the Subcommittees easier, we have added an Explanation part and we have given detailed guidelines for writing the proposals. For your ready reference an appendix has also been added below.
These are the relevant items in the Rules of Order which we would like to follow:
- deadline for receiving proposals: no less than 90 days before the AGM
- sending the agenda to the GBC body for discussion: 75 days before AGM
- end of discussions and agenda finalized: 45 days before AGM
- sending proposals to subcommittees: 30 days before AGM
Which would mean that only if we receive the Proposals (through a GBC member) latest by the 1st of Dec 2001 will we be able to send the agenda to the GBC body for discussion by the 15th of Dec 2001. The discussions should end on the 15th of Jan 2002. The final proposals will then be sent to the GBC Deputies / sub committees by the 1st of Feb 2002.
In order to follow this we request you to kindly cooperate with us by sending your proposals, through a GBC member, in the proper format, so as to reach me before the 1st of December 2001.
The proposals may be sent by email to email@example.com or the hard copy can be sent by regular mail to me at:
ISKCON GBC Society
Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Temple
7, K. M. Munshi Marg
Tel. + 91 22 363 4078
Tel. + 91 22 369 7209
Tel. + 91 22 369 7228
Fax + 91 22 367 7941
If you need any clarification please do not hesitate to ask.
Looking forward to your co-operation,
Radha Krishna Das
STANDARD FORMAT FOR GBC PROPOSALS
SPONSORED BY (GBC member):
CONTACTS (email, fax, address of proposer and sponsor):
DATE OF SUBMISSION:
PRESENTATION OF PROPOSAL: (maximum 300 words)
Whereas (Please write the facts and principles of your proposal; without any arguments)
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION:
Resolved, That (Please write your proposal as a resolution for voting by the GBC Body)
Please give answers to the following questions:
1) What prompts you to submit this proposal?
2) Why this proposal is important for the success of ISKCON?
3) What would be the implications of implementing this proposal?
4) How do you see yourself contributing to the implementation?
5) What budget is needed?
7) What other levels of support?
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A PROPOSAL:
1. Check if there are any existing GBC resolutions and laws related to your proposal.
2. The wording should be as the accepted resolution would read should the proposal be passed. A proposal shall not contain arguments but shall simply express the principle. Arguments may be voiced during the discussion on the proposal.
3. A proposal should express a single point or subject. Avoid having too many components in one proposal. There may be several proposals on a related topic.
4. Make your proposal as concise and short as possible.
5. As much as possible, follow the set standard wording listed in the appendix below.
APPENDIX TO THE STANDARD FORM FOR GBC PROPOSALS
[ISKCON Law] THAT Resolution 108/1990 is amended to read as follows:
[ISKCON Law] THAT Resolution 108/1990 is repealed.
THAT the following resolutions be repealed: ...........
2. MISC. PERMISSION:
[ ] THAT permission is given to ISKCON Mayapur to ......... (under the following conditions):
[ ] THAT approval is given for Krsna Das to ......... (under the following conditions:)
3. CREATING COMMITTEES, MINISTRIES, BOARDS, ETC.:
[Definition as Standing Committee, etc.] "The (name of the Committee) is established to (purpose).
The Members are: (list members and positions beginning with Chairman).
They are to: (list names and their respective duties with dates for completion).
They are empowered to: (describe)
They are answerable to: (describe; include other details such as funding, expense payments, meeting schedules, if the Committee is to disband on completion of purpose, etc.)
4. ADDING/REMOVING MEMBERS TO COMMITTEES, MINISTRIES, ETC.:
[definition] "The following are added to/removed from the (name of committee, ministry, etc.)
(list names when removing members and with their respective positions and duties when adding members)."
[definition] "THAT (name) is appointed as (name of position).
He is to (describe duties and responsibilities with dates of completion.) He is empowered to: (describe)
He is answerable to: (describe)
(include other details such as funding, expense payments, etc.)"
6. INSTRUCTIONS TO COMMITTEES, MINISTRIES, ETC.:
[definition] "The (name of devotee/committee) will (describe duties) to be completed by (date). He (They/It) is empowered to/is answerable to (describe)."
7. STATEMENTS BY THE GBC BODY:
[definition] "The following is accepted as the GBC Body position on xx: ..."
[definition] "The GBC Body advises (ISKCON temples/members) that .."
[definition] "The GBC Body gives its approval for (describe)."
CHAKRA 28 November 2001
Go to the GBC Page
© Copyright November, 2003 by oldchakra.com. All rights reserved.
about this website or to report an
error, write to firstname.lastname@example.org