Hare Krishna!

oldchakra.com

Go to the “Ritvik Page

 

 

 

Expose Regarding the Ritvik Temple in Bangalore
by Jaya Radha Krsna dasa

Adapted from a COM message by Jaya Radha Krsna dasa (former member of ISKCON Bangalore). Here Jaya Radha Krsna Prabhu comments on letters from Madhu Pandit dasa to Ajamila dasa and vice-versa.

I am Jaya Radha Krsna dasa, formerly in ISKCON Bangalore (1994-September 1998), now serving in Mayapur (September 1998-). Currently I am engaged in serving in the Nama Hatta preaching program.

Your correspondence with Madhu Pandit dasa came to my notice. I was shocked to see what Madhu Pandit dasa wrote to you. When I was in Bangalore, I had previously considered him with great reverence, since he was a very senior Godbrother. He was getting a lot of mercy from my Guru Maharaja. So I had respected him a lot. But it is really shocking to see what Madhu Pandit dasa has written to you since they are false. The Madhu Pandit dasa of today is very different from the Madhu Pandit dasa whom I had known earlier prior to him becoming a rtvik.

Therefore I wanted to relate my memories of how the temple residents were unfortunately subjected to rtvik poisoning so as to give you a true picture of what actually happened. I feel Madhu Pandit dasa is quite bewildered due to reasons that I cannot understand fully. But I think that it must be due to his grave offenses to Guru and Vaisnavas. As we gather from Harinama Cintamani and Madhurya Kadambini, the effects of offenses to Guru and Vaisnavas can be very extreme and can bewilder the intelligence of anyone, who might have been a sincere devotee prior to his committing grave offenses to Guru and Vaisnavas due to his long standing anarthas in his heart. I hope he will realize his mistake, change his heart and rectify himself with humility and become as he was before.

It is only by the mercy of my Guru Maharaja and Vaisnavas such as Hari Sauri Prabhu, Dayarama Prabhu, Ravindra Svarupa Prabhu, Badrinarayana Prabhu that I was saved from this rtvik poison and I was given the antidote to save myself.

Madhu Pandit dasa had openly declared in one temple istagosthi that if any temple resident is dissatisfied with his stay in Bangalore temple, he can choose any temple he wants and go to any other temple. He remarked that Prabhupada's family is very big. He also said that if we wanted, we could go and open new centers. So I am thankful to him for sending me to Sridham Mayapur (Jaya!) when I wanted to come to Mayapur. Actually it is the mercy of Lord Caitanya that I could come here.

I am surprised to see that MPD is presenting Bangalore temple as if it is some very special temple and as if it is the only ISKCON temple without any timid devotees.

Madhu Pandit das wrote:

"The first week I read the Final Order page to page I decided to reveal to the temple devotees about it. It is a fact that during that week we sat late night many days including some days whole night discussing not only the final order but also GBC papers disciple of disciple and timeless order and also the replies to those papers."

He was not "discussing." He was preaching to us. May be (I don't know) he was "discussing?" with the Vice-President the FO or with his wife. But he was certainly preaching the FO to us.

There were many groups of devotees (about 10 devotees in each group) to whom he was preaching.

He did not discuss the GBC papers DOMD (Disciple Of My Disciple) or the Timeless Order with us. The information that I had got from devotees from other groups was that MPD did not discuss the GBC papers DOMD or the Timeless Order. Maybe he had cursorily mentioned the existence of these papers or had discussed some points in these papers with a rtvik slant. In any case, DOMD is dealt with in the FO and there is no point in telling that he had discussed the DOMD. He was presenting the rtvik view on DOMD.

He gave the Final Order to everybody in the temple to study. But he did not give Disciple Of My Disciple and/or Timeless Order to everyone. DOMD is included in the FO and so devotees had read. Timeless Order was in his table and devotees were given permission to read them. However, it is significant that they were not distributed like the Final Order. There were many copies of FO (I think there were about 20) and they were distributed to the devotees. But not the Timeless Order. I never knew that Jahnu Prabhu had written a point by point refutation of the FO. As far as I know, nobody knew about Drutakarma Prabhu's articles refuting the views of Krishnakant Desai.

Once (during the middle of last year) we heard that Hari Sauri Prabhu, Dayaram Prabhu and my Guru Maharaja were supposed to come. The day before Hari Sauri Prabhu, Dayaram Prabhu and Jayapataka Maharaja were to come to Bangalore, Jai Chaitanya dasa (temple secretary) called me and Kunja Vihari dasa into his office and told us what to speak in case Hari Sauri Prabhu and my Guru Maharaja asked us questions.

He assumed that we were already rtviks and told us to tell them that we were not rtviks. While coaching, he took the role of Hari Sauri Prabhu and asked us questions and he told us how to answer him. When we made mistakes he would correct us saying that this is not the way to answer Hari Sauri Prabhu. In this way, he was coaching us how to answer Hari Sauri Prabhu.

Just before their arrival, MPD called all the temple devotees for an istagosthi. He instructed us, "We should tell Acharyapada that nobody's faith in him as our spiritual master is shaken. When we ask, 'If anybody's faith in Acharyapada is shaken, raise your hand' none of you should raise your hand."

Then Hari Sauri Prabhu, Dayaram Prabhu and my Guru Maharaja came. When there was an istagosthi with our Guru Maharaja, Hari Sauri Prabhu, Sarvaisvarya Prabhu and Dayaram Prabhu, the question was asked by Chanchalapati dasa (Vice Temple President), "Is anybody's faith in His Divine Grace as their savior is shaken?" Nobody raised their hands, as we had been instructed. One devotee Vishwa Prana dasa quipped, "In fact, our faith has increased positively."

Once when Hari Sauri Prabhu had asked a devotee Citranga Caitanya dasa whether he had read DOMD and other GBC papers, Citranga Caitanya dasa said, "Yes" to all the GBC papers that Hari Sauri Prabhu had named. But I knew that he had not read DOMD or other GBC papers (at least at that time) because he had just returned from a fortnight of life membership preaching out of Bangalore with Varada Krsna dasa.

When I wanted to read DOMD separately (since the FO does not present the DOMD properly), Sevatula dasa [a temple resident] told me that Madhu Pandit Prabhu had already read these things and that he knew what is right and what is wrong. He and many other devotees said that these papers were already refuted. So I was told, "What is the use of reading them, since they were already refuted?" But they hadn't read these papers since they had strong faith in Madhu Pandit dasa's conviction. One devotee told me that Madhu Pandit Prabhu is like "our father" and that whatever he told us, we had been following him; therefore we should simply continue following him like before.

I had heard from one devotee that HH Bhakti Charu Maharaja had written a refutation of rtvikism. He commented that this was full of logical fallacies. I had (and have) some respect for HH Bhakti Charu Maharaja; so I wanted to clarify this for myself by reading the original article. So after the arrival of Dayaram Prabhu, Hari Sauri Prabhu and my Guru Maharaja, I approached Chanchalapati dasa and asked him if I could read that paper. Chanchalapati dasa evaded the topic and advised me to be a simple devotee doing service and chanting Hare Krsna. He gave his own example by showing his table where lot of papers were scattered here and there. He asserted that he himself wanted to be a simple devotee doing service as Janmastami was approaching soon.

Once I brought a copy of the Timeless Order from MPD's table for reading. Jai Chaitanya dasa saw it and took it away telling me, "Why are you reading all these? We have already decided what is what."

Madhu Pandit dasa wrote:

"The atmosphere was of a great relief. All of us were in a state of experience similar to the one when someone discovers a great truth."

What is he writing? This is utter untruth. This is hypocrisy to the extreme. Why do I say so? It was not relief at all. First of all he had presented untruth. And how can he claim in regards to "all of us"?

Even he himself was not in a relieved spirit; he was tensed and in anxiety. It was quite visible. Usually in the morning, he would be chanting his rounds after Mangal Arati. He used to quote Prabhupada that one who does not finish his rounds before 10 AM will be in anxiety. But now he was chanting in the evenings in the Narasimha temple or else where. Before he used to chant visibly and blissfully with the other devotees. Now it wasn't like that. He was not to be seen with the devotees. Most of the time he was sitting in front of the computer. He was relieved? Or was he in anxiety because he didn't finish his rounds before 10 AM (as per his own statement)?

The temple atmosphere was in chaos as the devotees' attendance to the temple programs were irregular. Usually all the temple devotees would chant together in the temple hall along with MPD after Mangal Arati. But now you could hardly see ten devotees doing that. Even the pujaris (I was an support pujari) were irregular to attend to their service as everyone was into rtvik discussions, so much so that they would be discussing rtvik even inside the altar while dressing the Deities! I had informed MPD about this, especially in regards to one pujari Santi Parayana dasa and MPD agreed that this behavior was incorrect.

There was no relief. It was a state of irregularity in the temple due to the intellectual confusion that the concept of rtvik as presented by MPD had created.

MPD is presenting untruth as truth.

Madhu Pandit dasa wrote:

"Let us face facts. Everyone at some point of their life in ISKCON must have cross the stage of not being able to digest that a guru can fall down because that is not what Srila Prabhupada taught in his books."

This is NOT what Prabhupada taught in his books. He writes as if he has read (leave alone him having studied) all Prabhupada's books deeply.

We read the following in the Caitanya Caritamrta, Adi-lila, Chapter Twelve, Texts 50-51:

pratigraha kabhu na karibe raja-dhana
visayira anna khaile dusta haya mana

"Advaita Acarya, My spiritual master, should never accept charity from rich men or kings because if a spiritual master accepts money or grains from such materialists his mind becomes polluted.

PURPORT: "It is very risky to accept money or foodstuffs from materialistic persons, for such acceptance pollutes the mind of the charity's recipient. According to the Vedic system, one should give charity to sannyasis and brahmanas because one who thus gives charity becomes free from sinful activities... LORD CAITANYA MAHAPRABHU GAVE THIS INSTRUCTION FOR ALL SPIRITUAL MASTERS..."

mana dusta ha-ile nahe krsnera smarana
krsna-smrti vinu haya nisphala jivana

"When one's mind is polluted, it is very difficult to remember Krsna; and when remembrance of Lord Krsna is hampered, one's life is unproductive."

There are other quotes from Prabhupada about warnings to all spiritual masters.

Madhu Pandit das wrote:

"We had for years together though continued with good faith that whatever ISKCON is following is Srila Prabhupada's arrangement and that some day we may understand this ever unsettled issue in our minds. So discovering the July 9th letter settled everything for us. Additionally Srila Prabhupada on May 28th saying that he will recommend rtviks for first and second initiations particularly when he is no longer with us sealed our understanding."

These ideas have already been refuted in many papers such as DOMD, Timeless Order, etc.

Madhu Pandit das wrote:

"You cannot say I have intimidated anyone of the 55 temple devotees since for a long time I was holding to an intermediate understanding that rtviks are some kind of official initiators. But it is the rest of the temple devotees over the months convinced me through their argument that it was all a speculation and to stick to the understanding of the July 9th letter as the final directive of Srila Prabhupada."

And Ajamila Prabhu commented on the above para:

"Oh sure!!! So you are not an independent thinker? You want to tell me now that you’ve been brainwashed by the devotees under you? You are confused."

I agree with Ajamila Prabhu's observation about MPD. I witnessed how he was brainwashing everyone in Bangalore temple.

Another instance: MPD and Chanchalapati dasa were forcefully trying to convince me that based on one purport in NOI, that only an uttama adhikari should be accepted as a guru, even though SP says that a Vaisnava situated in an intermediate platform can also accept disciples. There were many other instances of such forceful persuasion from their part.

Madhu Pandit dasa wrote:

"Where is the question of me intimidating anyone. On the contrary the reason I exposed the facts to all the devotees was because I thought that if I did not expose such vital information from Srila Prabhupada to them I would be intimidating their intelligence. All the devotees here have given their life due to Srila Prabhupada alone."

MPD intimidated their intelligence by showing them the rtvik version only. He didn't neutrally present them both sides, but he was supporting the rtvik version over the other version. So where did he allow their intelligence to properly function?

Madhu Pandit dasa wrote:

"You can brainwash dumb people not people who have excelled in their academics with their intelligence. Almost all the devotees here are highly educated and capable of independent thinking. Brainwashing does not last for long. Not one devotee is ready to budge an inch from the truth that they have discovered. What do you make of that."

That is not what Prabhupada taught us. Because: "NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND GOD SIMPLY BY ERUDITE SCHOLARSHIP or MENTAL SPECULATION. Only one who is actually engaged in Krsna consciousness and devotional service can understand what Krsna is. UNIVERSITY DEGREES ARE NOT HELPFUL." (BG 18.55p)

"Academically, one may be very learned, but because of his long association with material nature, he is in bondage." (BG 3.33p)

"Academic knowledge, scholarship, high position, etc., are all useless in solving the problems of life..."
(BG 2.8p)

"No one can become Krsna conscious simply by mundane scholarship... By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions." (BG 6.8p)

"The word na, used repeatedly in the previous verse, indicates that one should not be very much proud of such credentials as an academic education in Vedic literature. One must take to the devotional service of Krsna." (BG 11.54p)

Srila Prabhupada also taught us to follow avaroha-pantha, the path of descending knowledge and not take to the path of so-called independent thinking against Guru-Sadhu-Sastra, known as aroha-pantha. After all, na casau rsir yasya matam na bhinnam... mahajano yena gatah sa panthah.

Ajamila Prabhu wrote to Madhu Pandit das:

"What I make of that is that YOU HAVE brainwashed them. You are presenting them not with the truth but with a bogus concoction. You are cheating them, and the karmic reaction for misleading those 55 devotees into such a dangerous unauthorized concoction will rebound on you fifty five times over. You are foolishly playing with fire.

If you are genuinely open with all your highly educated Bangalore Temple devotees about all the facts on this issue as you say you are, then how about telling them the REAL FACTS concerning the EVIL origins of ritvikism as follows:

FACT 1. Ritvikism was first concocted in the brain of Rupa Vilasa in the mid eighties while simultaneously making illicit sexual advances to the wife of his friend Karnamrita in New Jaipur USA.

FACT 2. After giving birth to the evil ritvikism, Rupa Vilasa in Ravana fashion ran off with Karnamrita’s wife.

FACT 3. The devotee who fully facilitated and encouraged Rupa Vilasa to come up with ritvikism so as to destroy the GBC was the axe-grinding well-known GBC hater Nityananda Dasa from New Jaipur.

FACT 4. CONCLUSION: RITVIKISM WAS BORN FROM THE VERY INAUSPICTIOUS EMBRYO OF ILLICIT SEX AND GBC HATRED

FACT 5. RITVIKISM IS KALI'S WAY OF DESTROYING ISKCON

So Madhu Pandit Prabhu, these are REAL facts, why don't you tell these to your well educated devotees in your temple? Tell them the TRUTH. Or are you going to leave them in the darkness, and cheat them."

Ajamila Prabhu, I am shocked to learn of these facts 1-5! We were never reported these facts.

Madhu Pandit dasa wrote:

"Everyone will be brought to justice. That is universal law. You cannot agitate me by your harsh 'barbaric' words. First I live to please Srila Prabhupada."

If so, why does MPD displease Prabhupada by disobeying the GBC Body which is against his injunctions?

Anyway, everyone will be brought to justice. That is universal law.

Madhu Pandit dasa wrote:

"Lets us pray that either side exercise restraint and not to takes things that far."

He had already taken things too far by holding the unauthorized rtvik meeting in Bangalore last year. He called some temple presidents and tried to convince them of rtvik. Is that not taking too far?

There are more things to tell, but I don't have more time.

Hare Krsna.

Your servant,
Jaya Radha Krsna dasa

PS: I was informed that Acintya Caitanya dasa, a congregational devotee in Bangalore <acintya.caitanya.jps@com.bbt.se>, has compiled a report titled "The Bangalore Truth" on the same topic which he distributed to all GBC members.

PPS: Chanchalapati dasa was the Vice temple president and Jai Chaitanya dasa was like the temple secretary.

Go to the “Ritvik Page

HOME
Ritvik theory
You are here
BBT
Book Distribution
Book editing (changes)
CHAKRA
Child Abuse Page
Current Events
Earlier Topics
Editorials
GBC
ISKCON
Letters from readers
Other News
People
Philosophy
Poison Issue
Recipes
Reform
Resources
SP disciple database
Temples (issues)
VNN Page
Women's Page
Hare Krishna 
Hare Krishna 
Krishna Krishna 
Hare Hare 
Hare Rama 
Hare Rama 
Rama Rama 
Hare Hare

© Copyright November, 2003 by oldchakra.com. All rights reserved.

For information about this website or to report an error, write to webmaster@oldchakra.com